Junior Trading Analyst – Shift rotation schedule
Website Gambit Research Ltd
About the company
Gambit Research, based in London, provides software development and statistical consultancy to wholesale clients in the sports betting industry. Founded in 2005, we pride ourselves on our ability to be one step ahead in an increasingly innovative and competitive market place. Our success is down to our employees. We have a tight-knit team of research mathematicians, computer scientists and other exceptional individuals who have all proven themselves to be at the top of their chosen fields.
An immediate vacancy exists to join Gambit’s rapidly expanding trading operations team. You’ll be responsible for managing and monitoring our clients’ algorithmic trading strategies in real-time, during some of the busiest periods of the football calendar.
You should expect to work a mixture of:
- Weekend nights (typically Fri & Sat 22:00-08:00, Sun 18:00-02:00)
- Weekday/weekend evenings (typically 14:00-22:00)
This equates to an average of 35 hours/week.
You’ll need to immerse yourself in your work, become an expert at analysing and assessing behavioural patterns in high-frequency trading systems with a view to suggesting and facilitating improvement. We look for strong collaborators and communicators who enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and who thrive in complex, dynamic environments.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification (analytical subject preferred but not required)
- The ability to demonstrate strong numerical/analytical skills.
- The ability to think and work quickly, logically and accurately within a high-paced trading environment.
- A self-starter, you’ll be equally adept at working autonomously or as part of a team.
- An inquisitive nature. You like to disassemble things and understand how they work.
- An interest and understanding of football would be beneficial, but is not mandatory.
- A willingness to work at ‘unsociable’ hours.
- Excellent communication skills, including good written skills.
- An interest in/knowledge of sports betting would be preferable.
You’ll become a pivotal member of a tight-knit team, and have high levels of responsibility and accountability. You get to work for an exciting company, in a dynamic, stimulating industry. Gambit is a company with a flat, non-hierarchical management structure; junior members of the team are encouraged to input and offer insights into trading strategies and operations.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including; discretionary bonuses, private health insurance, subsidised gym membership, company pension scheme, generous food allowance, funded social events and subsidised transport.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter.